Tuesday, March 26, 2019

A Separation


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Separation#/media/File:A_Separation_(2011_film_poster).png

For the twenty-fifth film of the month we have A Separation

First off, we have the story which has a married couple who are faced with a difficult decision - to improve the life of their child by moving to another country or to stay in Iran and look after a deteriorating parent who has Alzheimer's disease. I thought the story was impactful from start to finish because of the ideas it brought forward.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all well acted and put their all into their performances to portray a serious story and all of them ended up being well developed and believable. 

As for the film's visuals I thought they were simplistic but very effective in terms of the camerawork to add weight to the film so you would keep you invested in the story being told. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a great job at building the tension of the story and I didn't know how it was going to end.

Overall, I thought this film was a very interesting film as I went in not knowing anything about it before I started land it ended up being hard to get through in points because of the story but i perceived and got thought it.  

I give A Separation a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment