Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Rashomon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon#/media/File:Rashomon_poster_2.jpg

For the twenty-sixth film of the month we have Rashomon

First off, we have the story which has the rape of a bride and the murder of her samurai husband are recalled from the perspectives of a bandit, the bride, the samurai's ghost and a woodcutter. I thought the story was very entertaining especially because of the themes that are presented as the film went on.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all incredibly well acted and each added their own part to the story which made each part of the story more investing as the plot got more complex. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was masterfully crafted in terms of the camerawork which brought you into the world and some of the sequences were mesmerizing to see. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a great job at building the suspense and tension as you were never sure how everything would play out. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked well with the tone and visuals to build the tension of the story.

Overall, I thought this film was a fantastic film through it's story and the characters it uses to present a thought provoking film.This being the second film I have seen by Akira Kurosawa who's films I have been anticipating to see because of what they have done for cinema and this ended up being another solid hit. 

I give Rashomon a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment