Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Kid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kid_(1921_film)#/media/File:CC_The_Kid_1921.jpg

For the sixteenth film of the month we have The Kid

First off, we have the story which has The Tramp caring for an abandoned child, but events put that relationship in jeopardy. I thought the story was very entertaining as well as very heartfelt. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very good in terms of acting with Charlie Chaplin giving another funny but also caring performance as The Tramp as he looks after the child as their bond grows. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great with some very funny ways to produce the slapstick humour throughout the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought balanced some heart-warming drama as well as some comedy to brighten up the film in places which is perfect for silent films. I thought the soundtrack of the film had a nice mix of emotional tracks that added weight to the story very well.

Overall, I thought this film was another solid Chaplin film and it's always nice to see one now and again because of the way they are made and the stories that get told in whatever situation The Tramp is in. 

I give The Kid a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment