Saturday, March 30, 2019

Unforgiven

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unforgiven#/media/File:Unforgiven_2.jpg

For the thirty-second film of the month we have Unforgiven 

First off, we have the story which has retired Old West gunslinger William Munny reluctantly takes on one last job, with the help of his old partner and a young man. I thought the story was very entertaining and they did a classic take of a Western revenge in an interesting way.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were for the most part all well acted especially Clint Eastwood who was the standout and Morgan Freeman who gave some good performances. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great and the way it created a bleak look to the film as well as the use of shadows and lighting to give a interesting look. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a good job at building the suspense throughout the story to make things more entertaining. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used was good and suited the genre of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film and even though this is later in his career Clint Eastwood manages to pull off a Western and that it feels different to other ones he has been in.

I give Unforgiven a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment