Friday, March 15, 2019

2001: A Space Odyssey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Space_Odyssey_(film)#/media/File:2001_A_Space_Odyssey_(1968).png


For the ninth film of the month we have 2001: A Space Odyssey 

First off, we have the story which after discovering a mysterious artifact buried beneath the lunar surface, mankind sets off on a quest to find its origins with help from intelligent supercomputer HAL 9000. I thought the story was enthralling and from start to finish I was astounded with what I was seeing after hearing about this film for some time. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and did there part for the film well with the standout being Douglas Rain as Hal 9000 with the way he portrays a perfect computer and still worked with the other crew members. 

As for the film's visuals I thought they were one of the highlights of the film with the way the choice of colours are used and especially the camera is positioned and what is shown in the frame which brings you into the film to give you an experience and journey. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was very interesting as although it takes you through different emotions such as wonder and intrigue but also as it progresses it becomes something far greater than imagined. I thought the soundtrack of the film was perfect giving the film a haunting feel at times but also how grand scale it was with the use of classical music. Even the uses of no sound allowed you to immerse yourself into what was happening on screen. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film with a captivating story, immaculate visuals and a haunting score that I am glad to have finally checked off my list and also becomes my favorite film by Stanley Kubrick and I look forward to seeing more of films in the future.

I give 2001: A Space Odyssey a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment