Sunday, March 17, 2019

Singin' in the Rain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singin%27_in_the_Rain#/media/File:Singing_in_the_rain_poster.jpg

For the twelfth film of the month we have Singin' in the Rain

First off, we have the story which has a silent film production company and cast make a difficult transition to sound. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the idea of a silent movie production adjusting to the talkie era in the style of a musical was a great idea.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of the main leads were likeable and captivating in their performances and their chemistry together stood out to give weight to the drama.

As for the film's visuals I thought were one of the best parts about the film because of the way they made the film look in terms of camerawork and lighting to give the musical it's style. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was great with some fun and laugh out loud comedy that added to the film well. There was also some compelling drama that I could get behind. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fantastic especially the musical sequences which had some captivating choreography to make them entertaining.

Overall, I thought this film was a great musical from start to finish with a captivating script and main stars that each added to the film in their own way as well as some fun musical numbers and I'm glad to have finally seen this classic musical. 

I give Singin' in the Rain a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment