Sunday, March 17, 2019

Double Indemnity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Indemnity_(film)#/media/File:Double_indemnity.jpg


For the eleventh film of the month we have Double Indemnity

First off, we have the story which has an insurance representative allows himself be talked into a murder/insurance fraud scheme that arouses the suspicion of an insurance investigator. I thought the story was very entertaining with all the twists and turns that keep the intrigue going. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of the main stars, compelling and fantastically acted with their chemistry adding to the films main story and how everything turned out. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography of the film was very good especially with the way light and shadow was used to create the film-noir look which suits this style of story. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought from minute one was set with mystery and suspense as you wanted to see how the story would play out and what would happen to the main leads. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and suited the style and time of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable one that I could see how good it is after knowing it is one of the great film-noirs and I am glad to have finally seen it and it is a type of film I would like to see more of. 

I give Double Indemnity a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment