Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Hunt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunt_(2012_film)#/media/File:The_Hunt_(2012_film).jpg

For the nineteenth film of the month we have The Hunt 

First off, we have the story which has a teacher living a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie. I thought the story was brutal as well as deep as the life of one man is broken and what he goes through will stay with him.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting were fantastic and Mads Mikkelsen gave a deep and emotional performance and the way he presented his emotional journey and it was one of the best I have seen. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was fantastic in terms of the direction as well as the camera choices and lighting to give the film a natural look and that the situation going on feels like real-life. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was tense as well as very unsettling in parts because of how the story was told and the perspective it for. I thought the lack of soundtrack added to the whole film and the silence was all that was needed. 

Overall, I thought this was an emotional film that takes you on a journey that you can't look away from and the performances alone bring you into the film even more and by the end leaves you thinking. 

I give The Hunt a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment