Monday, March 18, 2019

Taxi Driver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_Driver#/media/File:Taxi_driver_movieposter.jpg

For the thirteenth film of the month we have Taxi Driver 

First off, we have the story which has a mentally unstable veteran works as a nighttime taxi driver in New York City, where the perceived decadence and sleaze fuels his urge for violent action by attempting to liberate a presidential campaign worker and an underage prostitute. I thought the story was very entertaining and one great thrill ride from start to finish. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting, very good and the performance by Robert De Niro was one of his best with his portrayal of Travis and the characteristics he shows and how he changes over the course of the story. The supporting cast also did a good job at adding backing to the film's story and well all well acted as well. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked gorgeous especially the night time scenes when he drives around in his taxi and the colours that are used and how those scenes are filmed add to the films setting and plot. Now we have the action which for what there was, I enjoyed being quick and brutal in it's execution. Moving onto the tone of the film which had a mix of entertaining drama but also some good character moments to build up the character of Travis. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and suited the style and tone the film was going for. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film with it's story and main lead and another hit in terms of the films I have seen by Martin Scorsese and I look forward to more of his films in the future. 

I give Taxi Driver a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment