Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Bicycle Thieves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Thieves#/media/File:Ladri3.jpg

For the fourteenth film of the month we have Bicycle Thieves

First off, we have the story in which has in post-war Italy, a working-class man's bicycle is stolen. He and his son set out to find it. I thought the story was powerful as well as captivating to see what would happen to them by the end of the film. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting, fantastic and the chemistry between the father and son throughout the film was inspiring as even though they struggled to find the bike they still tried to find it even if it was hopeless. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were very good and the on location shots of Rome throughout the film added some life to the film as they went from place to place trying to find the bike. Moving onto the tone of the film which was different and you hoped that they would find the bike in the end. I thought the soundtrack of the film added to the film well especially the dramatic moments to build up the scenes. 

Overall, I thought this film was a fantastic film from start to finish and I was surprised the direction the film went with it's story but the characters were compelling and you cared for their situation and shows me what Italian films can really do and that I need to check more of the out. 

I give Bicycle Thieves a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment