Monday, March 25, 2019

Metropolis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(1927_film)#/media/File:Metropolisposter.jpg

For the twenty-third film of the month we have Metropolis 

First off, we have the story which has a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their differences. I thought the story was very intriguing especially the ideas and themes being told during the time this brought out. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting because of where they came from but the acting was still great to express the emotion needed for the dramatic scenes. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography in terms of the camerawork and lighting was up to standard for the times with what they achieved. Additionally the set design throughout was fantastic as well as the special effects which are very ambitious. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought kept the drama consistent and slowly built up the intrigue to make you more invested. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and added to the emotional drama throughout. 

Overall, I thought this was a fascinating film from beginning to end and I was captivated. It is also interesting how this ended up inspiring so many sc-fi films now and for good reason because of what they achieved. 

I give Metropolis a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment