Friday, March 22, 2019

The Sting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting#/media/File:Stingredfordnewman.jpg


For the eighteenth film of the month we have The Sting

First off, we have the story which has two grifters team up to pull off the ultimate con. I thought the story was very entertaining and the idea behind it was interesting and compelling to see unfold. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were great in terms of acting and the chemistry between the two main leads of Paul Newman and Robert Redford was one of the best parts about the film.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were great especially how they captured the setting of 1930's  America. The colour choices that were used gave the film it's own unique style as well as matching the tone and genre. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought balanced the bits of comedy with the crime and drama well so it would be a fun watch. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and suited what the film was going for in terms of the setting. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film from start to finish that kept you guessing where it was going to go and how everything would be tied up with the two lead roles at the centre making it more entertaining. 

I give The Sting a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment