Saturday, July 27, 2019

House

Movie poster illustrates the aunt's cat Blanche sitting on a pedestal before the aunt's house which is surrounded by trees and flames. Text at the bottom includes the film's title production credits, and small portrait shots of the cast members.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(1977_film)#/media/File:House_obayashi.jpg

First off, we have the story which has A schoolgirl and six of her classmates travel to her aunt's country home, which turns out to be haunted. I thought the story was very fun and enjoyable because of how strange and absurd it ended up. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting over the top but because of how the film progresses the acting to everything going on becomes funny and you want to see what happens to them.

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was very interesting with the way the effects are used to create the supernatural elements as well as building the atmosphere throughout the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which definitely got some laughs from me with how over the top and weird everything turned out. I thought the soundtrack of the film suited the style the film was going for. 

I give House a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment