Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Sherlock, Jr.


Sherlock jr poster.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Jr.#/media/File:Sherlock_jr_poster.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a film projectionist longs to be a detective, and puts his meagre skills to work when he is framed by a rival for stealing his girlfriend's father's pocketwatch. I thought the story was very entertaining and the idea behind this one was very original. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and the chemistry on screen together made the story work and Buster Keaton gave a great performance in his second film that I have seen. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great and some of the sequences as well as the editing combined made for some very funny jokes. Moving onto the tone of the film which made the comedy very enjoyable as well as some good drama. I thought the soundtrack of the film had some nice tracks throughout and worked well for the time the film came out.

I give Sherlock, Jr. a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment