Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mean Streets

Mean Streets poster.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Streets#/media/File:Mean_Streets_poster.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a small-time hood who aspires to work his way up the ranks of a local mob. I thought the story was entertaining as well as a start to how Scorsese would do his future gangster films. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very good in terms of acting and Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel had some great chemistry together because of their situation. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great and I liked the way the camera and colour were used to create the style of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which slowly built up the drama over the course of the story till everything kicked off. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and worked for the time the film was set in. 

I give Mean Streets a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment