Tuesday, July 30, 2019

You Were Never Really Here

You Were Never Really Here.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Were_Never_Really_Here#/media/File:You_Were_Never_Really_Here.png

First off, we have the story which has a traumatized veteran, unafraid of violence, tracks down missing girls for a living. When a job spins out of control, Joe's nightmares overtake him as a conspiracy is uncovered leading to what may be his death trip or his awakening. I thought the story was very interesting since I didn't know what to expect going in.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting with Joaquin Phoenix giving a chilling and is able to show so much with his expressions and what he is holding back. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was great slowly building up scenes with the camerawork and the choices in camera positioning and lighting worked well. Moving onto the tone of the film which built the tension masterfully and the way the violence worked into it by showing you quick scenes or just cutting to the aftermath was very jarring in a good way. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and worked best when the soundtrack went away and left you watching scenes unfold. 

I give You Were Never Really Here a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment