Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Freshman

Poster - Freshman, The (1925) 01.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freshman_(1925_film)#/media/File:Poster_-_Freshman,_The_(1925)_01.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a nerdy college student will do anything to become popular on campus. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the jokes were consistently funny throughout. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and the chemistry on screen between them made the story work. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great and had some thrilling sequences in especially at the end of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought managed to balance the funny moments with the drama wit the school story-line well for a nice mix of entertainment. I thought the soundtrack of the film added to some of the jokes as well as being used in them at points. 

I give The Freshman a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment