Monday, July 8, 2019

Spider-Man: Far From Home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Far_From_Home#/media/File:Spider-Man_Far_From_Home_poster.jpg

The newest film I went to see in the cinemas was Spider-Man: Far From Home

First off, we have the story in which Peter Parker and his friends go on a summer trip to Europe. However, they will hardly be able to rest - Peter will have to agree to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of creatures that cause natural disasters and destruction throughout the continent. I thought the story was very enjoyable especially with the character development of Peter and how the events of the snap affected the world. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought the acting was very good and the standouts were Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and how he has to come to deal with the events of Tony's death as well as wanting to spend the summer with his friends and MJ. The other standout was Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio and was an interesting threat and enjoyed his performance as my favorite Spider-Man villain. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was fantastic with the camerawork and lighting especially during some of the action sequences involving Mysterio showing off what he can do. Now we have the action which was very thrilling and compelling to see on screen with quick set pieces and movements following Spider-Man and how he fights. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought had some compelling drama and some funny comedic moments although some of the jokes didn't hit for me unfortunately. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very enjoyable and went well with the style and feel the film was going for. 

I give Spider-Man: Far From Home a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment