Monday, July 29, 2019

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 1961.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_to_the_Bottom_of_the_Sea#/media/File:Voyage_to_the_Bottom_of_the_Sea_1961.jpg

First off, we have the story which has the Earth threatened by a burning Van Allen Radiation Belt, U.S. Navy Admiral Harriman Nelson plans to shoot a nuclear missile at the Belt, using his experimental atomic submarine, the Seaview. I thought the story was very enjoyable for a relaxing watch. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting and worked for this type of genre film however the chemistry between the cast added some levity. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was competent and consistent and the colours do make things stand out with the effects not looking bad for it's release. Moving onto the tone of the film which slowly built up the tension as events progressed. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked well for the film to add to some of the tense scenes. 

I give Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment