Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Mission: Impossible II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:_Impossible_2#/media/File:Mission_Impossible_II.jpg

For the fifteenth film of the month we have Mission: Impossible II

First off, we have the story which has Agent Ethan Hunt sent on a mission to find and destroy a new genetically modified diseases known as "Chimera" which has been taken by a rogue IMF agent. I thought the story was again entertaining just like the last one however for this story the run-time effected it a lot.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were mostly better than the first film with Tom Cruise giving a decent performance as Ethan. There was also his crew on the mission which I thought did a well enough job but can tell they had some chemistry. Finally there was the villain who I thought was average and gave a modest challenge for Ethan to face.

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked interesting especially with the use of slow-motion during certain points throughout the film which gave it a unique style sometimes it added to the film and sometimes it felt tacked on. The cinematography was consistent throughout and felt like it carried on the style from the first film. Now we have the action which when it kicked din later in the film I thought it was intense and thrilling to watch. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did well at setting up the film giving enough tension and mystery about the virus but also when the action kicks in the tone matches it well. I thought the soundtrack of the film just like the last film worked well to add to the tension of the film as well as the action sequences. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film and I believe it was an adequate sequel to the first film carrying over a lot of what I liked from the previous film however I prefer the first film to this film.

I give Mission: Impossible II a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment