Monday, August 27, 2018

Real Steel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Steel#/media/File:Real_Steel_Poster.jpg

For the twenty-first film of the month we have Road To Perdition

First off, we have the story which has robots who have now took the places of boxers in the ring and an ex prizefighter turned promoter who believes he has found a winner in a robot he finds discarded found by his estranged son Max. I thought the story was entertaining to watch as you saw the progression of Charlie as he connects with his son although it was predictable. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting as you see how bad Charlie is at the start of the film and doesn't want that relationship with Max but after finding the robot and it does well you can see the bond starting to grow. Max was a good supporting character as the main chemistry with Charlie and as he got into the sport he got better. 

As for the film's visuals I thought during the boxing scenes were the best getting the coverage needed to cover the fights to make them entertaining to watch as well as thrilling. Now we have the action which I thought was done really well and seeing the different types of robots fighting in the ring was entertaining to watch. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought managed to capture the drama as well as the tension with the robot boxing. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked well with the film having a good mixture of tracks for the action scenes as well as the dramatic scenes.

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable and a surprising one at that as I didn't expect much from this film so when I finished it I realised how good it actually was because of the story and characters as they worked in this type of film. 

I give Real Steel a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment