Thursday, August 30, 2018

Rushmore


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rushmore_(film)#/media/File:Rushmoreposter.png

For the twenty-ninth film of the month we have Rushmore 

First off, we have the story which focuses on a prep-school student of Rushmore, Max Fischer and his relationships with Herman Blume a rich industrialist and a new first grade teacher at the school Rosemary Cross. I thought the story was very entertaining and different than most films which was good to see.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were one of the best parts of the film and all stood out in terms their personalities as well as the acting and Jason Schwartzman was the main standout but the secondary characters were also good.

As for the film's visuals I thought it had some stunning images that really stood out and fit the style the film was going for. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as it had a mix of comedy that was really funny but also having a mix of drama in it that although weird was also an interesting part of it. I thought the soundtrack of the film was one of the best parts of the film and added to the overall quirkiness of it as well as being unique.

Overall, I thought this film was excellent because of it's cool story, characters and visuals which bring it to life and as my first Wes Anderson film I thought it was a good start and I look forward to more of his work in the future. 

I give Rushmore  a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment