Thursday, August 23, 2018

Mission: Impossible III

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:_Impossible_III#/media/File:Mission_Impossible_III.jpg

For the sixteenth film of the month we have Mission Impossible III

First off, we have the story which has agent Ethan Hunt who has now retired from IMF field work, that is until a dangerous arms dealer known as Owen Davian surfaces. I thought the story was better paced than the previous film as well as being entertaining and a step up in thrills.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part of the film with Tom Cruise again giving an excellent performance as Ethan Hunt as he was pushed thanks to the villain of the film played by Philip Seymour Hoffman with this being the first film I've seen him in I thought he did really well to become a sadistic threat for the film. The side cast did a decent job and added the support the film needed.

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked very good and the camerawork throughout the film especially during the action scenes was rough but you could at least see what was going on. Now we have the action which I thought was thrilling as well as entertaining and I enjoyed the set-pieces of the film especially the bridge scene. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as it managed to be more action packed as well as raised the stakes than the previous films which made the film even more tense to watch. I thought the soundtrack of the film was consistent to the franchise and had good tracks that worked for the action and tense scenes.

Overall, I thought this film was great entry into the franchise and a big step up in quality than the previous film in a lot of ways and it was more entertaining to see how things would play out.

I give Mission: Impossible III a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment