Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Rock Of Ages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Ages_(2012_film)#/media/File:Rock_of_ages_film_poster.jpg

For the twenty-fifth film of the month we have Rock Of Ages

First off, we have the story which has a young woman just moved to big city to become a signer encounters a young man at a bar and together try to accomplish their dreams in Hollywood. I thought the story was an enjoyable one although I thought it was hampered by the length as it was a little too long.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the mixed part of the film with the acting being good bur most of them being stereotypes and having character arcs that I have seen in other films and done better in those films.

As for the film's visuals I thought the settings and the design of the film certainly fit the time period in terms of clothing and locations. The musical scenes for the most part were enjoyable and you can see the effort in them. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did an ok job at integrating the tracks into the film to make it a decent musical. I thought the soundtrack of the film was one of the standout parts of the film having such well known rock and roll tracks that are easily recognisable although it is weird not hearing there own version as they are song by the characters which for the most part isn't a bad thing.

Overall, I thought this film was a surprising one that I didn't think would be that good when I first started it but it ended up being a decent musical.

I give Rock Of Ages a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment