Friday, August 31, 2018

Speed


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_(1994_film)#/media/File:Speed_movie_poster.jpg

For the penultimate film of the month we have Speed

First off, we have the story which has a police officer who must stop a bomb from blowing up on a bus if it goes under 50 mph. I thought the story was very entertaining and for an action film it showed how you can pull it off with a simple story.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting with Keanu Reeves giving an excellent performance as Jack and his chemistry with Sandra Bullock's Annie, Jeff Daniel's as Harry and the villain show off how likeable he is. The side cast did a decent job as well.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were very good as they added to tension throughout the film with the camerawork using close-ups and fast paced editing to increase to the experience. Now we have the action which I thought was thoroughly entertaining as well as thrilling as the challenges for the bus got more intense as it progressed. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as soon as the bus chase started the tension skyrocketed to keep you on the edge of your seat for the rest of the film. I thought the soundtrack of the film

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining film with a simple story premise but with the use of great characters, visuals and an intense tone you can make a thrilling film that has a fast pacing.

I give Speed a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment