Monday, August 27, 2018

Rent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_(film)#/media/File:Rent_movie_poster.jpg

For the twenty-second film of the month we have Rent

First off, we have the story which focuses on the lives of several characters as they struggle with life in the city of New York City facing struggles like love, loss and the impact of HIV/AIDS. I thought the story was enjoyable to watch and it had some nice moments in it that focused on the characters well. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were enjoyable and you could tell there was chemistry between the characters and that they worked off each other with their situations.

As for the film's visuals I thought in terms of the musical sequences were well choreographed and made it entertaining to watch and they all felt different to one another and the cinematography kept the film consistent. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was very fluctuating as it tried to balance all the feelings of the characters going from dramatic moments to romantic moments one after the other. I thought the soundtrack for the majority of the film was actually really good and I thought was worked into the film really well capturing the feelings of the characters throughout the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable one with a interesting story and well acted cast that brings it to life. Finally as a musical is one of the few that I like after having mixed experiences with them in the past.

I give Rent a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment