Monday, August 20, 2018

Ponyo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponyo#/media/File:Ponyo_(2008).png

For the eleventh film of the month we have Ponyo

First off, we have the story which has Sosuke a young boy who rescues a mysterious goldfish in a bottle and names her Ponyo who wants to become human, however her father sends the forces of the sea to get her back. I thought the story was very enjoyable and it had some nice moments throughout especially between the two main leads of Sosuke and Ponyo.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the best of the film and the chemistry between the main leads was excellent and you could tell how much they both cared for each other. 

As for the film's visuals I thought just like any of the other Studio Ghibli films I have seen the visuals looked gorgeous and the animation was smooth and crisp especially the sea life and water which was stunning. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as it had a focus on family as well as love which both together helped create a nice and relaxing mood to watch the film. I thought the soundtrack of the film which had a variety of tracks that hit all the aspects of a Ghibli film such as adventure, wonder, drama and many more emotions. 
Overall, I thought this film was a relaxing film to watch and as the third Studio Ghibli film that I have watched I can say it was another entertaining film and I look forward to more films from the Studio. 

I give Ponyo a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment