Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Porco Rosso

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porco_Rosso#/media/File:Porco_Rosso_(Movie_Poster).jpg

For the twelfth film of the month we have Porco Rosso

First off, we have the story which follows an ace fighter pilot in 1930's Italy as he uses his skills to become a bounty hunter tracking down "air pirates". However he has had a curse placed upon him to look like a pig. I thought the story was very entertaining and I liked the historical setting the film was in. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very good especially the main lead of Porco and the performance by Michael Keaton added to the character's performance. There was also the side characters with some adding to comedy to the film  and others adding chemistry to Pocco such as Gina, Fio and Curtis.

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked really good and the flying scenes were done exceptionally well which added to the experience of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thoroughly enjoyed with a mixture of action but also the scale of adventure that made it more entertaining to watch. I thought the soundtrack of the film was excellent with a lot of tracks that had a mixture of ones for the country and time that the film was set in but also ones that added to the action and adventure.

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film that had a lot of style and adventure with it that makes it another Studio Ghibli film off the list of ones I need to see and I look forward to the next one.

I give Porco Rosso a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment