Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Nightcrawler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Nightcrawlerfilm.jpg


For the sixth film of the month we have Nightcrawler 

First off, we have the story which has Louis a man who is desperate for work starts becoming involved in crime journalism in Los Angeles and sells the footage off while he is aided by a TV news veteran. I thought the story was very entertaining but also quite dark which made the film more impactful to the themes they were running with.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part of the film with Lou played by Jake Gyllenhaal to be the standout performer because of the way his character acts but also how he changes as his work becomes more famous. Then you had Nina played by Rene Russo the TV news worker Lou sells the footage too and her interactions with Lou.

As for the film's visuals I thought the film had some great cinematography especially the lightning which added a lot of style to the film and the night life added with the locations brought life into the film and the job Lou does. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was really good as the tension the film had built up the film so you were on the edge throughout when he was at the crime scenes. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fitting of the film adding to the overall tension but also giving the film a good soundtrack.

Overall, I thought this film was excellent and having heard good things about it I found myself really enticed by the film especially by Gyllenhaal's performance in the lead role.

I give Nightcrawler a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment