Monday, September 17, 2018

American Beauty


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Beauty_(1999_film)#/media/File:American_Beauty_poster.jpg

For the twenty-eighth film of the month we have American Beauty

First off, we have the story which has a frustrated suburban father who has a mid-life crisis after becoming infatuated with his daughter's best friend. I thought the story was very entertaining and how it evolved and progressed to become something intriguing

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted giving their own spin on these characters where you somehow end up caring for some of them even if the decisions they make are very questionable.  

As for the film's visuals I thought they were stunning with some very choice decisions in terms of the lighting such as using soft lighting  to add to the mood. There is also the use of camera positions and movements which add to the overall themes that the film wanted to bring across such as the uses of the colour red to represent love, desire or even lust in some cases. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was good and from the moment it started and what it wanted to bring across it was consistent and well paced. I thought the soundtrack of the film which was one of the best parts about the film using slower and paced tracks which again compliment the mood in some scenes but fit the whole film anyway. 

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable film, although awkward in some places the themes it was trying to get across kept my intrigue and ended up surprising me which made it more entertaining. 

I give American Beauty a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment