Thursday, September 6, 2018

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove#/media/File:Dr._Strangelove_poster.jpg

For the tenth film of the month we have Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb 

First off, we have the story which has an insane general who triggers a path to nuclear holocaust and that a War Room full of politicians and generals frantically tries to stop the catastrophic event. I thought the story was very entertaining and the way it tackled nuclear war while this film was made during the Cold War.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part about the film with characters like Strangelove himself as well as the crazy general who started all the problems. Then you had the rest of the cast who did a great job at adding to the films situation.

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked really good with the black and white added to the style and cinematography in terms of lighting and shadows Then you had the set design for the war room with the huge table with room for all the generals as well as the big screen of the whole world which dwarfs the whole wall. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was done very well as you had the looming threat of nuclear war but it managed to get some good comedy throughout. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and it had tracks that suited the war themes of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable to watch and as it being my first film from director Stanley Kubrick I believe it was a great first choice and I look forward to more of his films in the future. 

I give Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment