Saturday, September 8, 2018

Paths Of Glory


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paths_of_Glory#/media/File:PathsOfGloryPoster.jpg

For the twelfth film of the month we have Paths Of Glory

First off, we have the story which has a Colonel having to defend some of his officers in a court-martial when they refuse to continue during a suicide attack. I thought the story was very entertaining and I liked the way that war was handled and how it can be twisted my man's decisions and power.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part about this whole film one because of how good the acting was and because of the way man was portrayed in this film and how power can effect man to want to accomplish his own goals even if that means doing anything necessary to do it. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked very good and there were some standout shots throughout as well as the battlefield scene which was executed with precision. Now we have the action which I thought was very thrilling and entertaining and the way the camera went through the trenches and onto no-mans land was excellent and wasn't afraid to show off the impact of being in the war. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as the film had a feeling of uneasiness throughout mostly because of the setting and situations the characters were in. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good with it being manly composed by percussion instruments. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film with it being very different in genre being another film by Stanley Kubrick i'm starting to see how good he is and it continues to keep me entertained. 

I give Paths Of Glory a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment