Thursday, September 20, 2018

Vertigo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_(film)#/media/File:Vertigomovie_restoration.jpg

For the thirty-third film of the month we have Vertigo

First off, we have the story which has A retired San Francisco detective suffering from acrophobia investigates the strange activities of an old friend’s wife, all the while becoming dangerously obsessed with her. I thought the story was very entertaining and as the story unfolded it got better and better with the mystery it presented. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were one of the best parts about the film and the chemistry between the main duo was fantastic with James Stewart giving a great performance as the acrophobia detective and how he changes over the course of the film. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were very good and I liked the way the camera did the shots to represent Scottie's vertigo. however the rest of the visuals were just as good with it's camera and lighting. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was done very well ad it built the mystery up over the course of the story and you could feel that something was wrong. I thought the soundtrack of the film was wonderful adding to the intrigue of the story as well as increasing tension.

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film from start to finish and is another great film by Hitchcock which has one of James Stewart's best performances that I have seen from a film he was in and the plot built the mystery right until the climax.

I give Vertigo a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment