Saturday, September 1, 2018

Cat People

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_People_(1942_film)#/media/File:Cat_People_poster.png


For the second film of the month we have Cat People

First off, we have the story which tells the story of Irena a young woman from Serbia who believes she is a descendent of a race of people who turn into cats when angry or aroused. I thought the story was very entertaining and with some thrilling moments in it.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were interesting especially the main character of Irena who's past and fears were the main focus of the film which I found fascinating. 

As for the film's visuals I thought they were one of the best parts of the film especially with the use of lighting and shadows to create a visually stunning film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was good as it built up over the course of the film to add tension and intrigue. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used was very good adding to the mystery of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and ended up being a different type of horror film that I was expecting to watch. 

I give Cat People a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment