Friday, September 7, 2018

The Lives Of Others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lives_of_Others#/media/File:Leben_der_anderen.jpg

For the eleventh film of the month we have The Lives Of Others

First off, we have the story which has an agent of the secret police during 1984 in East Berlin, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover. He soon finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives. I thought the story was very enjoyable and I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part of the film especially because of the job roles they are in and having to spy on someone during the time period of the film added to what it would have been like during that time. I can also say the acting throughout was excellent and added to the characters very well to make the film better.

As for the film's visuals I thought the film had a really nice look to it with it a darker feel to it because of the setting and the situations for all the characters involved. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as it felt very unsettling through the whole film and the tension was really high which built up the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was really good and i liked the mix of tracks they had.

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and I think it was part to the unsettling feeling throughout that makes you wonder what is going to happen and as the first German film I have seen I look forward to more. 

I give The Lives Of Others a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment