Sunday, September 9, 2018

Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Smith_Goes_to_Washington#/media/File:Smith_goes.jpg

For the fourteenth film of the month we have Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

First off, we have the story which has Jefferson Smith a naive man who is appointed to fill a vacancy in the United States Senate. His plans promptly collide with political corruption, but he decides not to back down. I thought the story was enjoyable and I liked the way politics was handled and portrayed. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were one of the best parts of the film especially James Stewart as Jefferson the naive but determined man who becomes part of the Senate. His relationship with Clarissa was really good and kept him going later in the film.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were good and were consistent throughout the whole film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as it had the built the tensions and pressures of the Senate and how it can be manipulated to people's own needs. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and suited the style of film it wanted to be. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film especially with the way power in politics was shown and how it can be used to ruin people and be used for peoples own needs and wants.

I give Mr. Smith Goes To Washington a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment