Saturday, September 8, 2018

The Shining

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shining_(film)#/media/File:The_Shining_(1980).png

For the thirteenth film of the month we have The Shining 

First off, we have the story which has Jack accepting a caretaker job at a hotel during the winter and moves in with his wife Wendy and son Danny. I thought the story was very entertaining and was surprised how much i ended up enjoying it. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted with the standouts being Jack Nicholson as Jack and Shelley Duvall as Wendy especially when everything starts going crazy throughout the hotel. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked fantastic with so many standout shots you could see how much style the film had. The cinematography was excellent with it's precise camera movement and positioning as well as the lighting of certain scenes. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as it created a disturbing and chilling atmosphere throughout that made the film more entertaining. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and was mostly made up of sound effects and few tracks to add to the overall experience that was presented. 

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining one and as for it being horror film which is a genre I find difficult liking but this one showed me how good they can actually be and it allows me to expand my genres of watching films.

I give The Shining a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment