Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sunset Boulevard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Boulevard_(film)#/media/File:SunsetBoulevardfilmposter.jpg

For the ninth film of the month we have Sunset Boulevard 

First off, we have the story which has a screenwriter who ends up writing a screenplay for a star who has faded into obscurity. I thought the story was very entertaining with the way they showed how someone can be effected by Hollywood and when someone falls out of fame and how that descent can lead down a dark path.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting especially Norma and how she wants to relive her fame once again and how being out of the limelight has made her codependent on Max her butler and Joe who she meets. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked really good and had a few interesting uses with the camerawork and lighting to add to the film's aesthetic. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found to be somewhat disturbing in places as Norma lives in her own fantasy of once again gracing the pictures like she once did. I thought the soundtrack of the film was consistent throughout and had tracks that fit the time of the film's setting. 

Overall, I thought this film was very interesting look at Hollywood and there were parts throughout that I felt could ring true in some cases in real life but slight less dramatised than the film put it.

I give Sunset Boulevard  a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment