Thursday, September 20, 2018

North By Northwest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_by_Northwest#/media/File:Northbynorthwest1.jpg

For the thirty-fourth film of the month we have North By Northwest

First off, we have the story which has a hapless New York advertising executive who is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies, and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive. I thought the story was very entertaining as it twisted and turned to it's thrilling conclusion. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted especially Carey Grant who plays Roger Thornhill who gets caught up in the mystery and has to find his way out of it with the rest of the cast providing good backing for the plot as well as the mystery.

As for the film's visuals I thought were very good with some interesting shots throughout and the cinematography added to the film well with the standout being the crop-duster chase. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought managed to capture both the mystery that was being presented as well as the fact paced adventure very well and how Roger would get out of his predicament. I thought the soundtrack of the film was suitable at best for the overall film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very interesting film and I liked the way Hitchcock handled a spy film by still including his signature mystery and suspense while including some thrilling action to make it a great film. 

I give North By Northwest a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment