Thursday, September 13, 2018

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausica%C3%A4_of_the_Valley_of_the_Wind_(film)#/media/File:Nausicaaposter.jpg

For the twenty-first film of the month we have Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

First off, we have the story which focuses on Princess Nausicaä as she desperately struggles to prevent two warring nations from destroying themselves and their dying planet. I thought the story was had a very telling message within and I thought the conflict was intriguing to see. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most interesting part of the film and i thought the acting was very good and give life to the characters with the main standout being Nausicaä herself.

As for the film's visuals I thought the film had an great look to it and the design of the world was very creative and added to the story and themes it was presenting. Now we have the action which I thought was ok and was entertaining in parts. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was consistent as it had a lot of serious parts throughout but also moments that build the world and characters. I thought the soundtrack of the film had some unique choices and made it standout. 

Overall, I thought this film was one of the weaker films from Studio Ghibli but it was still enjoyable in parts which didn't make it a bad film at all. I just think it has weaker aspects to other films from Ghibli films. 

I give Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment