Monday, September 3, 2018

The Lion King

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King#/media/File:The_Lion_King_poster.jpg


For the fifth film of the month we have The Lion King 

First off, we have the story which has Simba a lion cub who is next in line for the throne from his father Mufasa. However Simba's uncle Scar wants the throne for himself and will do whatever he can to get it. I thought the story was very entertaining witch hit the right balance of emotional moments but also moments of learning and conflict.  

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the most important part of the film as they pushed the story and the acting from all the cast proved that with the standouts being Mufasa, Simba, Scar and Zazu. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the animation for this film was excellent managing to mix both a bright and vibrant style for most of the film with a dark and gloomy atmosphere for the darker scenes. The animation also picked up in some of the musical scenes as well. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to get the right balance of drama and comedy to make a fun film. I thought the soundtrack of the film being one of the main aspects and well known parts of the film certainly held up to what I was expecting and heard of. 

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and after all the great things I heard about this film was proved right and now after seeing this for the first time I look forward to some of the other great Disney films.

I give The Lion King a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment