Thursday, April 18, 2019

A Star Is Born

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Star_Is_Born_(2018_film)#/media/File:A_Star_is_Born.png

For the twenty-sixth film of the month we have A Star Is Born

First off, we have the story which has a musician who helps a young singer find fame as age and alcoholism send his own career into a downward spiral. I thought the story was very enjoyable since I went into it blind. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted from the two main leads and their chemistry carried the film from start to finish. The supporting cast also did a good job to fill out the other roles especially Sam Elliott as Jack's brother/manager. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was very good and consistent and the live music scenes were done really well in terms of the camerawork and lighting. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to keep the drama real as well as built up relationship moments. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good considering it had to be one of the important aspects about the film.  

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining having heard how good it was beforehand and after checking it out I can see why it gets it's praise from it's story and characters with the acting giving it life to the direction and musical score to make it memorable 

I give A Star Is Born a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment