Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Prisoners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoners_(2013_film)#/media/File:Prisoners2013Poster.jpg

For the sixteenth film of the month we have Prisoners 

First off, we have the story which has Keller Dover's daughter and her friend go missing, he takes matters into his own hands as the police pursue multiple leads and the pressure mounts. I thought the story was very thrilling and entertaining and I had no idea where it was going to go. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were fantastically well acted with some great performances all around especially Hugh Jackman and his portrayal of a desperate father and Jake Gyllenhaal as the detective as they attempt to find the children. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was masterfully put together and the camerawork and lighting to build the tension and the mystery throughout the story. Moving onto the tone of the film which built the tension very well and kept me on the edge of my seat. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used worked massively to build the tension. 

Overall, I thought this film was a fantastic and brilliantly put together to create a thrilling mystery that takes you on an entertaining ride lead by a cast who put their best efforts to make the film the best it could be. 

I give Prisoners a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment