Friday, April 5, 2019

Gangs Of New York

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_of_New_York#/media/File:Gangs_of_New_York_Poster.jpg

For the seventh film of the month we have Gangs Of New York

First off, we have the story which has Amsterdam Vallon returns to the Five Points area of New York City seeking revenge against Bill the Butcher, his father's killer. I thought the story was very entertaining as the film went on and the violence escalated. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all fantastically acted and the main characters played by Leonardo Di Caprio and Daniel Day-Lewis gave everything and brought their best to both roles. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the production design for the setting and the detail that went into it was fantastic and the camerawork immersed you into the location and what goes on each day. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't hold back and embraced what was going on and kept the drama going. I thought the soundtrack of the film added to the emotions of the story very well. 

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and this is one of the main films made by Martin Scorsese that I was anticipating and it didn't disappoint with it's revenge style story and compelling characters.  

I give Gangs Of New York a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment