Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Leaving Las Vegas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaving_Las_Vegas#/media/File:Leaving_las_vegas_ver1.jpg


For the thirty-seventh film of the month we have Leaving Las Vegas

First off, we have the story which has Ben Sanderson, a Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his alcoholism, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera. I thought the story was compelling and engrossing with Ben's destruction.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were great especially Nicholas Cage who gave his all into the character of Ben to make him compelling through his destructive natures. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was great in terms of the camerawork and lighting. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't shy away with it's themes and drama to make it heartbreaking. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and I liked the styles of music they picked to suit the story and setting.

Overall, I thought this film was a great watch from start to finish because of the way the story was told as well as the two main leads and the chemistry together brought it together and the tone helped the darker elements of the film. 

I give Leaving Las Vegas a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment