Friday, April 26, 2019

Polar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_(film)#/media/File:Polar_(2019)_poster.jpeg


For the thirty-ninth film of the month we have Polar

First off, we have the story which has the world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers. I thought the story was very entertaining because of how crazy and over the top it went. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were for the most part decently acted with Mads Mikkelsen who stole the show with his portrayal of the retired assassin Duncan. The rest of the cast was mixed to bad. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was consistent and I liked the location footage for the setting. Now we have the action which was over the top but very very thrilling to see with the right amount of gore and surprisingly well shot for this type of film. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't hold back with the over the top nature and that made it better to watch. I thought the soundtrack of the film suited the style that the film was going for. 

Overall, I thought this film was exactly what I wanted: an over the top and silly action film that kept me entertained from start to finish and obviously could become a guilty pleasure film since in the grand scheme of films it is far from great. 

I give Polar a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment