Thursday, April 25, 2019

Night Of The Living Dead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Living_Dead#/media/File:Night_of_the_Living_Dead_pub.jpg


For the thirty-eighth film of the month we have Night Of The Living Dead

First off, we have the story which has a ragtag group of Pennsylvanians barricade themselves in an old farmhouse to remain safe from a bloodthirsty, flesh-eating breed of monsters who are ravaging the East Coast of the United States. I thought the story was very entertaining getting to see one of the classics of the horror genre.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were ok for this type of story however some of the acting was very clunky in places. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was very good especially during the attacks. Moving onto the tone of the film which built up the drama over the course of the story until everything started to go wrong. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used added to the suspenseful scenes and the tension building.

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining watch and I am glad to have finally seen one of the films that influenced the horror genre and I was interested with some of the aspects you can see in future films. 

I give Night Of The Living Dead a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment