Saturday, April 13, 2019

Shame

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shame_(2011_film)#/media/File:Shame2011Poster.jpg

For the eighteenth film of the month we have Shame 

First off, we have the story which has a man's carefully cultivated private life is disrupted when his sister arrives for an indefinite stay. I thought the story was very intriguing with a compelling script and dialogue that bring you into the story from start to finish. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were fantastic and compelling with both of it's main stars Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan giving engaging performances so you care for them with them dealing with their issues and their chemistry was a highlight. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was carefully constructed and simple with the use of the camerawork allowing you to focus on to the performances and become invested with every shot mattering. I also loved the colour pallet that was used as well. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't hold back with the subject matter used which I can applaud the filmmaker for. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and I loved the use of slower tracks to give the film a backing and emotional weight. 

Overall, I thought this film was roller-coaster of intrigue and emotion with it's subject matter and what that can do to someone and how they affect the people around them and with the script giving actors something to work with they can make the characters deep and broken. 

I give Shame a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment