Friday, April 19, 2019

Blue Velvet


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Velvet_(film)#/media/File:Blue_Velvet_(1986).png

For the twenty-seventh film of the month we have Blue Velvet

First off, we have the story which has the discovery of a severed human ear found in a field leads a young man on an investigation related to a beautiful, mysterious nightclub singer and a group of psychopathic criminals who have kidnapped her child. I thought the story was very entertaining with mysterious and compelling it became.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of acting were great and the chemistry between some of the characters was interesting to see because of how they were portrayed. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was excellent and mesmerising in certain scenes with the use of colour and lighting to create the neo-noir style of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which built up the mystery of the story as well as the tension and suspense. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and I liked the choices of tracks used. 

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining film that captivated me from the start with it's mystery and neo-noir style that went well together and as another film by David Lynch who's work I am becoming more interested in it turned out very well.

I give Blue Velvet a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment