Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Juliet, Naked


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliet,_Naked_(film)#/media/File:Juliet,_Naked.png

For the thirty-fifth film of the month we have Juliet, Naked

First off, we have the story which has the story of Annie (the long-suffering girlfriend of Duncan) and her unlikely transatlantic romance with once revered, now faded, singer-songwriter, Tucker Crowe, who also happens to be the subject of Duncan's musical obsession. I thought the story was very enjoyable as well as funny and heartfelt in moments. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of acting were good with Ethan Hawk as Tucker Crowe and Chris O' Dowd as Duncan were the highlights in terms of the characters. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was good and consistent over the course of the film and I liked the location footage for where the story is set. Moving onto the tone of the film which mixed the drama and some of the comedy very well to make it enjoyable. I thought the soundtrack of the film was also very good and had tracks that suited the style of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was very good and provided some interesting storytelling with some heartfelt drama as well as some enjoyable comedy to get the right balance and after first hearing about this film I was looking forward to seeing it which ended up being a decent watch. 

I give Juliet, Naked a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment